Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry08.10.2018
Packed with good-for-you vegetables, this flavoursome veggie curry is a great way to get more of your 5 a day. Serve with the quinoa, some poppadoms, chutney and naan breads for a real feast.
A great curry recipe courtesy of Waitrose. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try swapping the almonds for cashew nuts.
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose and Partners.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 350g cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Tikka Curry Paste
- 350g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 35g raisins
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 115g pack baby spinach
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- 200g Love Life Bulgur Wheat with White & Red Quinoa, cooked to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and cauliflower for 6-8 minutes until starting to turn golden and soften. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes, raisins, stock and chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in the lemon juice, chickpeas and spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Scatter over the toasted flaked almonds and serve with the white and red quinoa mix.