Spinach Pasta with Savoy Cabbage & Gorgonzola29.3.2019
This wonderful recipe comes courtesy of Waitrose. It featured in the December 2018 Recipe Card Collection, which are free to pick up every month in Waitrose and Partners stores.
For added crunch, sprinkle some roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts over the top of the pasta.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 echalion shallots, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small savoy cabbage, shredded
- ½ lemon, zest, plus a squeeze of juice to serve
- 250g Seeds of Change Organic Spinach Trottole Pasta
- 75g gorgonzola piccante, cut into small pieces
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pan set over a medium heat and fry the shallots for 8 minutes until lightly golden. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the honey, cabbage and 3 tbsp water; fry for another 3-4 minutes until just wilted. Add the lemon zest and season.
- Meanwhile, simmer the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Scoop out a cupful of the cooking liquid, then drain. Tip the pasta into the wide pan with 3 tbsp of the cooking liquid; toss everything together over a high heat. Fold through the gorgonzola, check the seasoning and serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice.