Garlic & Herb Omelette10.8.2018
Vegetarian and Gluten free, this dish takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 10 to cook. Perfect when you want a delicious and nutritious meal but are tight on time.
A quick, easy dish to make courtesy of Waitrose.
This is a brilliantly quick veggie meal for one, but it can easily be doubled to serve two.
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Few thyme leaves
- 2 Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
- 60g Philadelphia Garlic & Herbs
- Handful rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Toss the tomatoes, ½ tbsp oil, 1 tbsp water, the vinegar and the thyme in a small roasting dish. Season, then roast on the middle shelf of the oven for 8-10 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, set a non-stick omelette or frying pan (about 20cm in diameter) over a medium heat. Beat the eggs with a fork; season lightly. Add the remaining ½ tbsp oil to the pan, then add the eggs, swirling now and again, until the omelette is just set all over.
- Transfer to a plate and spread most of the Philadelphia over ½ the omelette (the heat of the omelette should help it spread more easily). Pile the rocket leaves and tomatoes on top and spoon over the remaining Philadelphia and any juices. Fold over the omelette to serve.