Braised Irish Beef Rib with Celery, Carrots and Mustard Sauce21.2.2019
Chef, Terry Edwards, presents Braised Irish Beef Rib with celery, carrots and mustard sauce.
Irish Beef sets the benchmark for high quality beef worldwide. Sustainable and nutritious, exemplary farming standards coupled with a diet of nutrient-enriched grass creates a final product with heightened levels of Vitamin A, carotene and Omega 3 fatty acids, as well as superior marbling and tenderness.
- 4 Irish beef ribs (about 400g)
- 4 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 2 heads of celery roughly chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 100g of plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of English mustard
- 2 tablespoons of grain mustard
- 1 pint dark beef stock
- splash of olive oil
- pinch of fresh parsley to finish
- Preheat your oven to 160°. Firstly, season your Irish beef ribs with salt and pepper before coating in the plain flour.
- In a heavy based oven proof casserole dish or pot, heat the olive oil and brown your Irish beef ribs, before adding the vegetables and mustards.
- Add the stock to the casserole dish, pop a lid on and place in a preheated oven for 3 hours until the beef is just about to fall from the bone.
- To serve, mix in the fresh parsley.